Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Silk - Interactive generative art


I stumbled upon Silk a few days ago and find it a great programme. It has a black background and you can use it to draw with what looks like rays of light. The funny thing is that your drawing immediately becomes symmetrical. What you draw comes out a little bit different than you might want it to, because the programme has a bit of a mind of its own, but I like that.

By rotating your mouse differently or moving it faster, you can create different effects. You can also chose rotational symmetry, which I used for the first picture.

With my imagination I see all sort of stuff in the pictures. For example the one above looks a bit like a dress, doesn't it? That's what I saw the first time. Then my mother pointed out to me the scary figure with pointy ears she saw...

No comments:

Post a Comment