Friday, August 30, 2013

Drawing characters



Ever since I completed Camp Nanowrimo I have had a lot of inspiration for my writing. New characters just keep popping up in my head and al those characters have family and friends who on their turn have a family. It seems like my character basis is growing exponentially.
A character that resently entered my story is Wende, of whom the quick drawing above is. Although she is not my main character she is probably one of my favorite characters to write. She is a bold girl who loves making costumes and dressing up. She does what she wants, whenever she wants it.
For me drawing a character helps me to get to know them. I then start to think about what they look like, what kind of clothes they wear and how they act. Usually I have some drawings laying on my desk when I write. I helps me to not lose sight of who the character really is and to stay true to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment