Friday, December 28, 2012

Two days, two skirts


Two days ago I had finally gathered the courage to make a skirt with a zipper. I've tried it before and it didn't turn out great last time. In fact it was a total failure. But this time it went better. The first skirt I started making was with a red checked fabric wich had been lying around for quite a while now. From the moment I bought it, I new it had to become a skirt. And so it did. However, it didn't turn out perfect. There are still a few loose threads, so I'm going to add lining. Hopefully that will fix the problem.


The next day my second attempt at making a skirt turned out rather succesfull. I used this yellow/blue checked fabric and I'm quite pleased with the end result. I made it a little different than the one from the day before, and I think I've got all its flaws covered. To make both of the skirts I didn't use any pattern. I just measured myself and went from there. If anyone is interested in how to make this actually easy gathered skirt with zipper, I would be happy to write an tutorial, just let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment