Saturday, September 21, 2013

Scones


I love scones! They are easy and quick to make and taste great with clotted cream and jam. It had been a while since I made them, but last sunday I was up for it. Thursday I made them again, because they are so tasty!

What you will need:
350 g self-raising flour
pinch of salt
100 g butter
1 egg
1,5 dl butter milk (or milk)

Preheat the oven at 190 degrees C. Put the flour in a bowl and the salt. Add the butter and mash it through the flour. The consistency will be crumbly. Whip up the egg. Keep one tablespoon of the egg aside and add the rest of it to the butter milk. Pour the mixture in the bowl with the flour and butter and knead the dough. When it has a smooth consistency make small rounds of it (about 1 cm high) and put them on the baking sheet. Spread the egg over the scones. Bake them for about 12-15 minutes.

Enjoy!

How do you eat your scones?

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, those look so yummy! I always eat my scones with butter and honey, but jam and clotted cream sounds delicious too!

    ReplyDelete