Sunday, September 15, 2013

Simple jam filled cake

A couple of days ago I wanted to bake something and decided on a cake.I didn't want to make anything to difficult or time consuming, so I kept it simple.

The cake itself turned out pretty good, but not very high. I'm still working on finding the best cake base recipe.

Ingrediƫnts:
250 gr self raising flower
200 gr sugar
250 gr butter
4 eggs

How I made it:
I put the flower in a bowl and added the sugar. I melted the butter a little so that it was easy to mash it through the other ingrediƫnts. Then I added the eggs and made sure that the batter had a smooth consistency. I put the batter in a baking tin and baked it for 30 minutes at 160 degrees C.

When it came out of the oven I let it cool down and sliced the cake open. I filled it with strawberry- rhubarb jam and I spread buttercream on top. I decorated it with casting sugar and sprinkels.

Eventhough the cake wasn't very high it tasted great!




No comments:

Post a Comment